The ConnectPRO DDC EDID Ghosting Emulator is designed to solve the problem that computers can sometimes lose the Extended Display Identification Data (EDID). The DDC EDID data is vital for the video extension; it is a data structure provided by a computer display to describe its characteristics to a graphics card. However, when you switch or disconnect and then reconnect the displays such as the monitor, you may lose DDC EDID communication, and the user’s computer then fails to display the image properly if at all.
Now, such is no longer the case if you use ConnectPRO’s DVI DDC EDID Emulator module. The ConnectPRO DDC EDID Emulator allows the user to have best video image setting all the time. Through an easy programmed process, the display’s DDC EDID is memorized in the DDC module, thus preventing our customers from blank screens and boot problems as well as resolving the issue of display resolution and color due to a lack of DDC EDID information.
Features & Benefits
- Store EDID information for DVI display with full EDID Cloning of existing display.
- True DDC emulation
- Support dual page DDC for compatible resolutions
- Supplies standard EDID information when no cloned information is available
- Installs in seconds
- Easy and Compact design for installation and operation
- Interface Powered by DVI connector or externally supplied by USB connector or 5V power supply
- Multiple options for providing external power when necessary
- USB pass-through port means no USB port is wasted when using USB power option. Connect USB devices to USB A port and use them as if directly connected to computer.
- Multiple kits available for various accessories and power options (DVI cable, USB cable, Power supply)