UDP-12AP USB KVM Switch with DisplayPort v1.4 has embedded DDM Technology that can maintain the compatibility of the shared devices and connect systems. As a result the UDP-12AP becomes the most reliable and robust multi-monitor KVM switch in the world. UDP-12AP provides the premium video that supports DisplayPort 1.4 on monitors.
The UDP-12AP, as with all ConnectPRO KVM switches, features all-the-time active DDC/EDID communication, which makes this switch Windows 7/8/10 compatible.
The UDP-12AP 2-Port USB DisplayPort 1.4 KVM Switch with Audio and USB 3.0 Hub combines next-generation digital display standards with seamless KVM control, allowing you to switch between one single head DisplayPort systems. Also ideal for systems with a single DisplayPort output
Delivering multi-computer control for high-res multimedia applications, the KVM supports resolutions of 4K, 5K (@60 – 120 Hz) with DisplayPort HD audio, as well as 2-channel analog stereo
audio and microphone input.
Suitable for high-quality static imaging, such as medical applications (MRI, X-ray, etc.), Higher resolution is supported at reduced refresh rates.
Features & Benefits
- Compatible with all versions of Windows, Linux, and OS X
- User select-able multi-hotkey (Ctrl, Shift, Scroll Lock, Caps Lock)
- Built-in IR remote receiver (Remote not included)
- RS-232 control and firmware upgradable
- DisplayPort interface, v1.4
- Max video resolution supported 4K @ 60-120 Hz or 5K @60 Hz~120Hz
- Built-in All-time Full DDC (Active-DDC to all connected systems)
- Durable metal case
- 3-year Warranty
What’s in the Box?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can it work with eGPU via Thunderbolt 3 port ?
- Yes. Different eGPU with different GPU installed may have different results for providing video outputs to ConnectPRO DP KVM switches.
- We had tested Razer Core X Aluminum External GPU with different GPU, such as AMD RX 5700 XT, for MacMini, MacBook Pro, MacBook Pro 16 without issues. However, when tested with 3440×1440 144hz monitor can only go up to 120hz (limitation of eGPU to Mac).
Will the dual monitor DisplayPort KVM switch support 2 monitors that are 3840 x 1600 @ 144Hz refresh rate? 3440×1440 @144hz ? 2560×1440 @144hz ?
Yes, up to 5120 x 1440p @120Hz.
The DisplayPort KVM switch does support monitors that are 3840 x 1600 at 30~144z refresh rate or 5K@60~120 Hz , depending on the combination and quality of connected systems’ video cards, video cables, and the monitor display’s real connection results.
- Monitors had passed our tests at our lab in USA:
- 5120 x 1440 @120 hz – 5K 120hz
- Samsung CRG90 Curved Gaming Monitor (LC49RG90SSNXZA), Ultrawide Screen QLE
- 3840 x 2160 @120 hz – 4K 120hz
- Asus ROG Strix XG438Q 43 inch Large Gaming Monitor with FreeSync
- 3840 x 1600 @75 hz
- Acer XR382CQK 37.5 inch Ultra Wide Curved AMD Freesync.
- 3440 x 1440 @144 hz –
- Nixeus EDG EX-EDG34S , AMD FreeSync Certified. 34-inch Ultrawide Monitor
- LG 34GK950
- LG 34GN850
- 2560 x 1440 @144 hz –
- ViewSonic Elite XG270QG , 1ms IPS G-Sync Nano IPS
- Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27-inch Gaming monitor
- Asus TUF Gaming VG278Q 27-inch Gaming monitor
- 4K (3840×2160) @60 hz –
- LG 27UK850-W 27-inch UHD with DP and Type-C video inputs
- LG 27UL500-W 27-inch UHD IPS with Radeon Freesync
- Dell Utrasharp U2718Q 4K IPS , HDR
- BenQ EWE3270U 32-inch 4K HDR , DP , Type-C monitor
- BenQ EL2870U 28-inch 4K HDR, 1ms, Freesync.
Why does the promotion pricing only apply to KVM switch with 6 ft. kit?
All of our DisplayPort KVM switches come with premium DisplayPort cables. However, if the DisplayPort cable gets too long, then signals might get lost, and the monitor won’t display anything as the result. We want to encourage our customers to use 6 ft. cable whenever possible for the best results.
Does the DisplayPort connector carry audio through?
Yes, audio can carry through via DisplayPort or via a separate audio cable.
Can this DisplayPort KVM switch work with TB3 docking stations?
Yes, ConnectPRO DisplayPort KVM switches can work with TB3 docking stations. In fact, we had been tested more than 20 docking stations in the market since 12/2019. we recommend the CalDigit TB3 Plus docking station as our top choice!
** Note: CalDigit TB3 Plus can support up to two DisplayPort video outputs – one via the DisplayPort and the other via the Type-C port on it – a Type-C-to-DP converting cable is required. we recommend CAC-1557 type-C-to-DP bi-directional DP 1.4 converting cable.
Will this DisplayPort KVM switch work with Logitech light speed receiver dongle?
We’ve tested the Logitech G900 mouse with the ConnectPRO DisplayPort KVM switch, and can confirm the Logitech keyboard and mouse with light speed dongle will work.