Frequently Asked Questions
Multi-Monitor KVM Switches
Help! My screen/audio is stuck on one computer even when I switch to the other!
Will the dual monitor KVM support 2 monitors that are 144Hz or 165Hz refresh rate?
In theory it will be depending on the chipset’s data rate supported inside the KVM switch models and the graphic card/chip sets of connected systems or the quality of video cables. With KVM switch, OC (Over Clock) refresh rate will not be supported.
|Product line||Core Tech.||Max. Data Rate (on chip)||
Real Data Rate
Suggested resolution /refresh rate
|DisplayPort||DP 1.4 chip||25.92 Gbit/s,||23.32 ~ 22.03 Gbit/s||3840×2160/144/8/4:2:2 3840×2160/120/8/RGB 5120×1440/120/8/RGB 3440×1440/144/8/RGB 2560×1440/144/10/RGB 1920×1080/240/10/RGB||UDP-12AP, UDP2-12AP, UDP-14AP, UDP2-14AP|
|DVI-DL, HDMI||TMDS , DVI-dual link, HDMI 1.4||8.16 Gbit/s||7.34 ~ 6.94 Gbit/s||3840×2400/30 w/CVT-RB 3840×2160/30 HDMI 2560×1600/60 DVI-DL 1920×1200/120 DVI-DL||UD-12AP, UDD-12A+, UDD-14A+|
|DVI-D||TMDS, DVI-Single link, HDMI 1.2||3.96 Gbit/s||3.7 ~ 3.56 Gbit/s||1920×1200/60 w/CVT-RB||UD-12+, UD-14+, UD-18+, UD-112+, UDV-12A+, UDV-14A+|
- Note: Data Rate numbers are confirmed with Data Rate/ Maximum Refresh Frequency Calculator
USB KVM Switches
How do I keep my video from flashing every time I change ports on my DVI KVM switch?
What is the hot-key combination for switching ports?
Can I cascade multiple KVM Switches?
How can I connect my USB KVM switch to a computer that has PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports?
What if I want to use a wireless keyboard/mouse combo with the KVM switch?
What can I do if I’ve hooked everything up, and although the video works, I get no keyboard and mouse functionality on any of the connected computers?
- Disconnect the power and all cables and connections from the switch. There should be no lights illuminated on the KVM. Let it sit for about 1 minutes.
- Reconnect the Power adapter to the KVM, followed by the Keyboard, Mouse, and monitor.
- After those console connections are attached, connect one of your computers back to Port 1 of the KVM.
- Make sure the keyboard and mouse are working on that computer, then connect the second computer.
- At this point, the KVM has been completely reset, and it should be back in operable condition.