Recommended Devices for use with ConnectPRO KVM Switch
Our engineers and technician have spent months testing a wide variety of models of docking stations, hubs, and adapters with our KVM switches. We've compiled a list of docking stations and adapters that we recommend for use with our DisplayPort KVM switches for the best results.
Below are the suggested docking stations. The docking stations are classified based on how well the docking station can work with the ConnectPRO DisplayPort KVM switches.
Class A . (All Type-C and DP port are working, USB A ports are working to connect to DP KVM switch)
- Plugable TBT3-UDZ USB-C Dock 14-in-1 with Thunderbolt 3 Certification, Up To 96W Charging, Dual Monitor https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HR3T837/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Dell D6000 – this one is a DisplayLink docking station, and can support up to 4k @ 60 Hz video settings.
- OWC Thunderbolt 4 Hub : part#:OWCTB4HUB5P https://www.amazon.com/OWC-Thunderbolt-Compatible-Equipped-OWCTB4HUB5P/dp/B09CTHJ8T3/ref=sr_1_15?crid=KT3MWVOVXC13&keywords=Thunderbolt+4+dock&qid=1644516131&sprefix=thunderbolt+4+dock%2Caps%2C125&sr=8-15
- OWC Thunderbolt 4 Dock : part#:OWCTB4DOCK https://www.owcdigital.com/products/thunderbolt-dock
- Anker PowerExpand https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerExpand-Thunderbolt-Charging-Display/dp/B08RYZJY8M/ref=sr_1_5?crid=KT3MWVOVXC13&keywords=Thunderbolt+4+dock&qid=1644516131&sprefix=thunderbolt+4+dock%2Caps%2C125&sr=8-5
Plugable USB4 Hub (with USB-A 3.0 port)
Alogic Thunderbolt 4 BLAZE hub (part number TB4H3TB)
Alogic Thunderbolt 4 BLAZE Docking Station (part number:TB4D3TB)
Razer Thunderbolt 4 Dock
Sonnet Echo 11 Thunderbolt 4 Dock
Kensington SD5700T Thunderbolt 4 Docking Station
Kensington SD5750T Thunderbolt 4 Docking Station for Microsoft Surface Pro 8 and Surface Laptop Studio (K37899NA)
Class B. ( Only one DP port out of Multi-DP ports is working to connect to DP KVM switch), USB A ports are working
- Wavlink dual displayport thunderbolt 3 docking station (only 1 DP port can work), USB A to KVM switch also work.
- StarTech.com Universal docking station (model TB3CDK2DP) (only 1 DP port can work), USB A to KVM switch also work.
- CalDigit USB-C Pro dock (only 1 DP port can work when connect to DP KVM switch), USB A to KVM switch also work.
Class C. (Both DP ports are working to connect to DP KVM switch), But problem in USB A (some USB HID will not work).
- StarTech mini thunderbolt 3 docking station (model TB3DKM2DP), USB A not fully work
- CalDigit mini thunderbolt 3 dock dual DP model, USB A not fully work.
Below are the adapters and active converters we'd suggest for use with ConnectPRO DisplayPort KVM switches.
- USB-C/thunderbolt to DisplayPort adapters:
- USB 3.0 to DisplayPort Adapter
- Active DisplayPort to HDMI Converter
- Active HDMI to DisplayPort Converter